Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Greatest Time To Be A Missionary

(Written Tuesday, January 26, 2016)

My dear family and friends,

This was such a better week physically! I think I am out of the woods for being sick, but don't worry, I'm taking lots of vitamin c tablets to prevent illness!

I only have three months left and I plan to work myself to the bone! I want to come home on a stretcher completely exhausted from the work that I'm doing. I know that wherever I go next is going to be the perfect place to "die" (end my mission) in. I only have two more transfers and I find out what my fate is this Saturday and will move areas next Tuesday. It's pretty exciting, but on to this week.

This week was a great week to be a missionary as you can see from the title of my email. Two very monumental things occurred. 1. There was a worldwide broadcast for missionaries to listen to the Apostles of Christ's church counsel us on how to be better and more effective missionaries and going back to the basics on many things. 2. We were also visited by another General Authority in the church Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge of the Quorum of the seventy. For you other missionary out there, he is the one that wrote "The Fourth Missionary" Talk.  Also, fun fact, I met him at one of our member's houses out here in Boulder for Thanksgiving, so I already knew him haha.

At any rate, this has been an incredible week filled with lots of inspiration and what they've all been focusing on is the most important thing which is The Atonement, Christ's sacrifice for us. But also the Doctrine of Jesus Christ, teaching people to have faith in him, repent of their sins and be baptized to receive "the power of God" which is the holy ghost and to endure to the end by bettering ourselves.

It's been a truly incredible week. Some other exciting things that happened this week included, Sister George's 21st Birthday in Vegas, so I decorated the house for her.

We ate at the elders' favorite restaurant called Chicken Shack, it was the first place I ate at that gave me heart burn, but it hurt so good. Their food is really good (although, this day I got McDonalds... I'd already had the heartburn before.)
And we also did service for salvation army packing canned goods for the needy.
It's been a cool week. Oh and I rode a dinosaur but you'll have to check out the blog for that one!

I love you all so much! I know the church is true.

This week I was able to sing in one of our Sacrament meetings, I sang "I Stand All Amazed" We had many investigators come to listen and the whole meeting I prayed the Lord would send angels to sing with me and testify of the message the song says and that I would be able to convey my love and testimony through it. I practiced before church (which is the recording I have) and my voice was shaky because I had a bit of a sore throat, but as I sang for the congregation, I knew it was the best I had sung it but it wasn't because of me. I knew Angels were singing with me. Sister George told me afterwards that it was better than the practice round. I know that Heavenly Father answered a simple pray about me singing a song and I'm so glad for it. I truly do stand amazed at all the love that my Savior offers me! I am richly blessed to be able to serve him at this time in my life!

May you all have a good week and find moments to simply stand amazed at the world and the love the Lord has offered you!

Love,
Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment