Wednesday, April 27, 2016

No Gears and Worn Out Heels

(Written Monday, January 11, 2016)

Hello Everyone,

This will be a short email today but I want all of you to know that The Lord has proven to me that I can do hard things. This week, our keys to our (brand new) car were taken away because last month, we went over our mile limit.  For FOUR days, we lived like elders and had to walk everywhere and beg for rides from members. 2.5 of those days were very cold and it chose to rain for the first time in forever. Another day, we didn't have member rides and so we had to ride bikes to get to our appointments. I was on a bike that didn't have gears and had to ride uphill a lot. For a girl that does only stretches for her exercise in the morning.... this was a big jump (talk about involuntarily joining the 6 months to sexy program) and I lacked stamina, but I was praying all day that the Lord would help me and He did.  I don't know how, but I have mad appreciation for the elders that walk and bike everywhere... but then again, they get to wear pants. Also, I got to go up to a baptism in North Las Vegas and see the last member of a family get baptized and of course see the familiar faces of my North Las Vegas Family! I miss them!

This week ended on a good note and the Lord provided like always. We got to do two exchanges, one with Sister Mere who is from South Africa! She's a convert herself and so I got to talk to her about my sister serving there and the other was with Sister Brown when we were on the bikes! We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! I love this picture of the Savior that we found. He is so happy when we put forth just a little more effort each day to be a little better! The church is true my friends and He loves us. I have felt that love this week!
I love you all!
Sister Nelson





No comments:

Post a Comment