Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Boulder Baptisms

(Written Monday, February 1, 2016)

Hey friends,

It's been an amazing week! We got to do a fireside for the youth in Boulder about doing missionary work which was so fun! We had three baptisms, Dave and Cat got baptized and another investigator named Eliza.

I've felt the spirit a lot this week but especially as I watched Dave's friend of twelve years finally fulfill a promise his patriarchal blessing said that he would bring a close friend into the gospel, they cried and hugged before the baptism and the spirit was incredible.  He came up to us afterwards and said, "Sisters I've never felt this clean in my life," he was glowing. I'm so glad for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the cleansing power of the priesthood of God that allows us to be cleaner than ever before. I know they could feel it and I felt it as well. The spirit of God brings peace, love and joy.

My time in Boulder has come to an end and I'll be finishing my mission in the Paradise East Zone, I get to die in "paradise" it will be an adventure, but I'm ready for it. My new companion's name is Sister Faucette.

I love my savior, I love this gospel and I love being a missionary.  May each of us draw closer to him that we might learn more and feel more of his never ending love for us.

Love,
Sister Nelson

PS: I walked out of my house today and there was snow on the mountain right by our house, this doesn't happen so it was exciting! Sending you all love, stay warm! Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment