Friday, April 29, 2016

Launch Out Into The Deep and Feed My Sheep

(Written Monday, March 14, 2016)

My beloved family and friends,

This week has been a miracle. I feel as though this was a turning point in my mission.

We had a wonderful zone training conference where we as leadership felt inspired to train on our purpose which is to "invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through FAITH in Jesus Christ and his ATONEMENT, REPENTANCE, BAPTISM, receiving the gift of the HOLY GHOST, and ENDURING to the end."  The all caps words were what we trained on. I started by training on faith and being willing to put it all on the table and launch out into the deep knowing that Christ would make every part of us like him.  Then Elder Jones trained on the atonement and repentance and how we can apply that in our lives, which in turn allows us to help our investigators apply it.  We moved to Elder Walker who counseled us to not run away from the promises we made at baptism and to find the elect who need baptism.  And Sister Faucette continued the powerful spirit by teaching us what can get on the way of hearing promptings and how we can cut those things out of our lives. We closed by sitting in a circle and talking about why each of us endures the hardships of the mission. Some profound things were said there and the spirit was strong as we sang the spirit of God, I felt angels singing with us. So many things are coming full circle and looking back towards the close of this precious time is changing so much. We left that meeting and began seeing more miracles than ever before. The Holy Ghost prompted us to say and do things that we knew were not from us, like listen to some hard trials that our ward mission leader was going through and to pray with him, or the less active husband of an active member. One of the most profound things I've heard was said and I knew it wasn't coming from me because I was astonished as I said it. We watched the video "Reclaimed" which talks about turning our lives around through Christ's sacrifice and at the end we were talking about the scars that life gives us. I remember saying something along the lines of "You know, scars are actually one of the most beautiful things. Christ has scars that remind Him of us always, our scars allow us to remember the scars He took on for us and that through Him, they are no longer open wounds, but a reminder of his infinite love for us." Sister Faucette and I got in the car and were thinking where in the world did that come from, we were both surprised but I know it's what he needed to hear and I feel grateful that I was a worthy vessel to let the spirit speak through me to him.

So many wonderful things are happening here and I'm so grateful to be a representative of Jesus Christ. This means everything to me and I'd never trade it for anything in the world. I'm coming to know my Savior in a much more personal way than ever before. I know He's covered up many wounds of mine through the wounds he took on for me and I have many scars but those scars mean I've healed through Him and that's a need for rejoicing.

We closed the week off with a mini mission for our stake where the youth came out with us for a day. I missed a good portion of it because I evidently had an allergic reaction to the weather (I've never had allergies in my life) and my eyes swelled up really bad and became super itchy and then it moved to my cheeks. (I'll refrain from sending the ugly pictures of me...) but I got hooked up with some medicine. Being an old missionary, I've pretty much run out of money so when we went to drop off my prescription, we were walking around and this lady followed us. She came over and said, I had a prompting that I need to give you 20 dollars... I started crying because it had been a crazy day and I was so thankful for the money because when I got to the counter, my medicine was going to cost 45 dollars and I definitely wouldn't have had enough on my own. Heavenly Father is definitely looking out for me. Someone else later that day gave me 20 bucks too. I feel so grateful for the prayers and help I receive from on high.

I also was able to see Tracy get baptized and got to skype in Sister George. It was so great to see all my wonderful ward family out there, I love Boulder (The puffiness was kinda going down in my face, but definitely still visible) We have a baptism coming up this week and I just feel so happy.
There are 7 weeks left to make miracles happen and leave everything on the table. I plan to do so. I find out what happens with transfers on Saturday and then the new transfer begins next Tuesday, I can't believe this is it. Last transfer here we come.

I love you all so much! May you have a wonderful spirit filled week!
Love,
Sister Nelson

PS: We've been going on so many temple tours, our investigators love it and it's so peaceful there.

No comments:

Post a Comment