Friday, April 29, 2016

That Easter Morn

(Written Monday, March 28, 2016)

Hello my dear friends and family,

The first week of the transfer was incredible. Sister Faucette got to say bye to some wonderful families that we've been teaching and she's off to Kingman, Arizona. I'll be seeing her this week on Wednesday, though, so I'm excited about that. Since then, Sister Wilde and I have had some funny adventures as we've run all over doing the work of the Lord. This transfer we are continuing our focus on helping find the elect and bring forth of God's children to the waters of baptism, but we are adding the overarching theme to be "Connecting everyone with Christ" and focusing on every contact we have will be helping others increase their faith in Christ and preparing them at whatever phase they are at whether it's getting them to the waters of baptism or helping them prepare to go to the temple.

It's such a privilege to be working in the most effective and highest producing part of our mission for the end of my time here. We are working hard with so many people we are teaching and were able to help three of our investigators come to church for the first time yesterday and they loved it. Hard work is paying off and we will see others come unto Christ this transfer for sure.

Sister Wilde and I just keep laughing about everything whether it's our orange mouths or our homemade bread baby (he was so delicious!)

The work keeps moving forward. Everyday brings cool experiences and wonderful people to meet. We got to have traditional Japanese food this week from a member family who asked what we wanted and I said "Katsu don" ( did I spell that right Dad?) my Dad always made that and I'd been craving it and it was so good! We also had sushi and I ate it! It was an incredible night and so yummy!
I got to see Sara, an 8 year old from a part member family we have been working with get baptized this week and she overcame her big fear of water and did it and she was just smiling so big! I love seeing things like this happening :)
We also got to watch the women's broadcast which was the best one I've seen, my two favorite quotes were "Throw away the mirrors and look out the window" and "Love is making space in your life for someone else."  It was a great broadcast and it was an eventful week!

I set a goal with myself at the beginning of this transfer that without fail I'd stay up to write in my journal after every day so that I could remember how I felt for my last transfer clearly and freshly. I know this will be a treasure to me and my future family one day. I've noticed the help I've received from the Lord to be able to stay awake to do so. In the past I would be so tired I'd crash when going to bed which is why I'm 100 something days behind, but recently He's been giving me strength to do this and I feel so blessed. I am reminded of wonderful miracles and blessings He gives me daily and it makes me happy. It helps me know that the things that are important to me are important to the Lord too. I love my Savior.

I would be missing out on a wonderful opportunity if I didn't bear my firm and solemn witness of Jesus Christ today as a representative of Him. I testify that Jesus Christ lives. He knows us personally for He suffered for us individually. He knows my strengths and my weaknesses and He knows how to help me grow. I've seen Him work with me in patience and love to mold me into the woman I am today. Without my Redeemer I am nothing, but through Christ I can do all things asked of me because He gives me strength. I testify that the single greatest event in the history of mankind took place in a garden, on a hill and in a tomb. Christ suffered, bled and died for us only to conquer not only sin but death also when He rose from the dead. It is because of Him that I have the hope to see my grandmother and recently deceased grandfather again and have the hope to be with my wonderful family who I love for time and all eternity. What greater blessing and knowledge is there than this? He lives, He loves, He knows and understands. My time as a representative of Him is getting really short. I pray that I can bear his name with dignity and grace until the end of this chapter and through the rest of my life to show others that I am one of His disciples and I follow Him.

It's a privilege to feel the Savior walking beside me every day and I cherish these moments and smile. The work of salvation is the work of the Lord and I know it to be true.
I love you all, I hope your Easter was Christ-centered and spirit-filled and full of sunshine and feelings of love for and from the Savior.
Love,
Sister Nelson

PS: You'll have to check the blog because I have lots of other pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment