Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Milestones

(Written Monday, October 26, 2015)

Dearest family and friends,

First off HAPPY HALLOWEEN ( I wish I could change the color and font on my iPad but sadly it isn't that advanced yet, or if it is, I have no idea how to do it, so just imagine that Happy Halloween looks really cool)

This is my favorite time of year and I'm sad I don't get to see the leaves changing in Indiana, but that's okay, I'll see them next year! It's been an incredible week with a lot of unexpected surprises!

I've had many milestones crossed this week as one of our recent converts had her sixth baby and his name is Tazion, we got to go visit last night and he just looked like a little piece of heaven in her arms, it was wonderful.
Another recent convert asked us if she could come out to lessons with us to teach the world about our loving Heavenly Father and she's a teenager and has already been out twice, I am amazed to see how fast she is growing.
Another recent convert got to go do baptisms for his ancestors in the temple this past Saturday and we got to go, it was my first time doing baptisms on my mission and it was so special and beautiful. I love seeing people grow and feel the spirit.
Among other things, I see my companion preparing to finish her mission and how that is impacting her work and service in her last few weeks, what giant milestones everyone seems to be crossing right now, but how neat it is.

I'm about to have some of my own milestones this week too. I get to turn 21 as a missionary in Vegas, how ironic and I hit my year mark on the 29th of serving a mission. I will be 2/3 done and I just don't know where the time goes.  I received an email from a very close friend who told me that there has been a mighty change over the past couple of years, but especially this past year. I personally can't see much but I do hope to return as a person completely changed by the atonement of my savior Jesus Christ. I know he gets us through everything, I know he is mindful of us and the challenges we go through, I know he helps us each day and as we watched for those miracles we see and feel them. Each day I learn better and better that this is God's church on the earth and that it is lead and directed by him.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and I hope each of you notice the milestones that you're crossing and having in your life right now and recognize that progression -not speed- is the key. Happy Halloween!
Love, Sister Alayna Nelson
PS: Sorry I don't have pictures this week, the Internet on the computer is down and I can't load pictures from my camera, so maybe next week!

Can you believe this crazy kid is turning 21. Just some lovely selfies from my iPad for you because I'm still five and refuse to be a legal adult this week. Taken this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment