Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Boulder City: The Nashville, Indiana of Nevada

(Written Monday, November 16, 2015)

Hello World from the sweet land of Boulder City, tucked away in the mountains!

What a beautiful place this is as you can see from all the pictures I got this week! I am so happy here everyone, it reminds me of home so much aside from the mountains. There are all these nicknack and trinket shops and it has an old feel like downtown Columbus that I love so much, everyone says hi and lots of people know everyone. It's just a happy place! I have to come back here after my mission.
Me and my companion, Sister Navarro have become the best of friends so quickly, she has a great sense of humor and we are laughing almost all the time, something funny happens pretty much every hour of every day and it makes missionary work so much easier to do! I'm so thankful for her and all she's teaching me already. We are in two congregations for church and this is an older area, meaning a lot of people come here to retire,but it's got a great feel to it.

The missionary work here is really neat, there are lots of people ready for the gospel and I'm so glad to be serving the Lord here. The work is the same wherever you go, we just get the rich experience of leaving a piece of our heart in several places all over the world with people we come to know and love! I have already made wonderful friendships here that I will treasure forever, everywhere you go is quirky and special!

So my thought for this week is to do something that will bring a smile to someone's face. Help them feel the love that the Savior has for them through you. It's a much richer experience when you share it with others! I love life, I love God and Christ and I love this gospel that I am honored to share with others, I wouldn't trade it for the world!

So much love,
Sister Alayna Nelson

PS: BIG SHOUT OUT TO THE BEST DAD IN THE WHOLE WORLD WHO HAS A BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK! I LOVE YOU DADDY!

PPS: the pictures below are from my first day when our ghetto car's sun visor broke and almost hit me in the face.
This is John, one of our awesome investigators here, he's so sweet
And of course me and Sister Navarro happy as ever this morning! Love you all!
PPPS: the blog will finally have all the photos I haven't been able to send because I finally have a working computer to send all my pictures home, so be watching the blog for more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment