Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The City of Large Rocks

(Written Monday, November 9, 2015)

Hello dear sweet family and friends,

Another transfer has come to a close and the verdict is that Sister Martin has finished her mission so she heads home tomorrow and I'm leaving the North Zone as well and headed to Boulder City. From what I've heard it's similar to Indiana in that it has a vintage old fashioned vibe going for it in the downtown area, so I'm so excited to take pictures down there. It is halfway between super-out-of-valley in Arizona Lake Havasu and King Man and the real world of Las Vegas.  So it's a smaller town with really nice people I hear. So it will be an interesting change! I'm excited to see what happens.

My next companion is named Sister Navarro. I've never worked around her, but she goes home at the same time I do so that should be neat. It's been a crazy week preparing for the new Elders that will be coming into the area and now, due to new boundaries being redrawn in our stake, they dissolved our ward, so it doesn't exist anymore and got combined with two other congregations. So that will be fun for the new Elders to figure out, poor things!

All in all this last week has been pretty great, we went on exchanges, had our big leadership meeting and learned a lot about how to be an effective leader and we've been working our tails off. I feel really blessed to have been in this area and to have gotten to know the people here, the Craig Ranch Ward holds a special place in my heart, but it's time for a new and exciting adventure! I can't wait to see what's in store for me in Boulder City. This next transfer will be a bit strange because it is only five weeks long, missionaries fly home the week before Christmas travels to save money, so the following transfer will be seven weeks long! Crazy stuff!


As for my spiritual thought, I know that God prepares people to hear the gospel, sometimes they turn away or get afraid or think they aren't ready but I know he has prepared the really solid people in this area who will be getting baptized next transfer. I feel thankful to have been a part of those miracles and each time I get to see a change in others it solidifies my testimony that Jesus is the Christ, He is my Savior and because of Him we all have the ability to change.

I love you all, I love this gospel and I know it is true. Have a wonderful week, stay warm and make beautiful memories, they last longer than many of the silly things we waste our time on!
Love,
Sister Alayna Nelson

PS: shout out to my best friend Grace Fischvogt who turns 21 tomorrow
❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment