Monday, October 12, 2015

Subjects are Overratted

(Written Monday, August 10, 2015) 

Hi Family and Friends!

I wish I had a more creative title, but I don't feel like too many crazy things happened this week. Israel got baptized on Saturday which was so special! The family is nearly complete and it feels great. They have an older sister who kinda lives at home and kinda at her boyfriend's house, but they really want her to be a part of this too because it's been making them so happy! It's wonderful to see all the tiny yet profound changes each week. I love this gospel.
We also got ipads which has been one of the weirdest things of my life, it's interesting to interact with technology again and use it to teach people. I kinda don't like it, but I'm working on it. I thought the picture below was pretty clever haha. but that's just me ;)
Also, our zone had a really awesome conference this past week where we talked about appearance and how we can help people by showing them what they don't know through questions and helping them realize they want answers to those questions and then providing the answers through the Book of Mormon. It was a spiritual experience that I thoroughly enjoyed. At the end we talked about why we came on a mission and why we were going to stay on our missions, which re-centered us on our purpose and focus. I love serving a mission. I love all the tools Heavenly Father has given us to be successful and I love the person he is helping me become. I am so grateful for the opportunity to change, it just keeps sticking with me. The church is true and Heavenly Father is calling each of our names! He loves us because we are his children!

I can't believe this transfer is coming to a close, I feel like Sister Haycock just got here and I really want to stay here with her, but we will know what happens this Saturday! One more transfer would be lovely, but I will go where the Lord wants me to go.

May all of you have a wonderful week!
Love,
Hermana Alayna Nelson


So I can finally send videos! This is a clip of me singing at a zone
conference :) I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment