Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Rain and Eternal Families

(Written Monday, April 27, 2015)

Well y’all, today is my half birthday and basically my 6 month mark. I travel home next year on April 26th. So from here on out, I only have one year left to make the mission count. I have finished one third of my mission already. It is crazy how fast time goes. What a significant time.

I am so glad to be serving. Although things right now are mainly driving around a lot to try and get to know our members and the people that the elders were teaching before, you still get to see the hand of God. We stopped in on a recent convert family and they are on fire. They were getting ready to go into the temple the next day and we were able to help them feel excited. Their eight year old twins are geniuses and knew so much about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and were quizzing us, it was so fun. Then right before we left, they sang Families Can Be Together Forever about going to the temple and being sealed as a family. This whole family was about to do something so special and beautiful and they were doing it together. I know the family is ordained of God and that he loves us so much. What made it even better was that they sang in Spanish and I understood. I will admit that I cried a little bit, but the gospel of Jesus Christ and the promises we can make are so special and I love seeing it bless the lives of others.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Hermana Alayna Nelson

PS: It rained here and I was so happy, but now it is really cold, (like 65 degrees... but that's super cold for me now)
PPS: Me and Sister Stark this morning, still doing great :)



No comments:

Post a Comment