Tuesday, April 28, 2015

HOLY HOT HOMELESS HORSES!

(Written Monday, April 20, 2015)

Dear wonderful friends and family,

How different this area is for me! MY GOODNESS! So many changes! I received my trainee (baby) Wednesday evening and her name is Hermana Stark, She is from Auburn Alabama but doesn't have an accent and she loves cats like me, so we bonded fast obviously. She was at BYU for a bit and she is planning on going into computer science so she can be an animator for Pixar. So that's pretty cool!
My baby <3
So to talk about this area more, I was "born" in a fairly wealthy area in Henderson, Nevada. I am now in a place called Sunrise Manor (I believe) and it's more north east and boy is it a change! Probably 80% of the people here are Spanish speakers (which is really good for me!) The first person I talked to in the street was a homeless man named Gino going through a trash can to find aluminum cans to get money for them. He was really friendly though. And there are essentially Mexican Cowboys that ride their horses by the side of the road! It's quite the interesting place! Lots of GIANT CACTI! It's more desert here, and more rural and slightly rundown. I live near a street called Hollywood, but it looks nothing like Hollywood here and of course, the heat is starting to move in which will be so fun (sarcasm)

But the most exciting thing is that the Las Vegas Temple is in my area and only about 5-10 minutes away from our apartment! Last night, we went to try to visit everyone and when we finished all of our plans and still had time, I decided to show Sister Stark the temple site. It is so beautiful at night and the spirit is so strong and peaceful there. I know that the temples are the houses of the Lord on the Earth and the closest place we can be to Him here. I am so grateful for the peace it brings to be so close.
Angel Moroni on our Beautiful Temple
I feel so strongly that we are going to see so many miracles in this area, the ward we are serving in is incredible! They are so ready to help us and so nice! There are so many ready people here! There are lots of crazy changes to get used to, but I know that Heavenly Father is serving here with us just like he promises us in Jacob chapter 5. I love my mission and I am so grateful to be here!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Hermana Alayna Nelson

Please check out the blog for more pictures! There are lots this week!
Of course, you can find a little piece of redneck heaven here in Vegas #Murica

No comments:

Post a Comment