Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I'M HAVING A BABY WHERE THE PEOPLE ARE HAPPY

(Written Monday, April 13, 2015)

Hopefully that got your attention.

I hope you are all doing wonderful! This week we learned what is going to happen, where we are going to go and who our new companion will be. My companion Sister Hutchinson is staying here with another sister. This is Sister Hutchinson's last six weeks and then she is done and goes home from her mission. A joke that all missionaries have is that her new companion is her "murderer" and "kills" her off because she goes home. Just like we have murderers, we also have mothers and fathers in the mission. I have been asked to train a brand new missionary straight from the training center in Mexico where I was for 6 weeks before coming here. This is a big responsibility and I don't feel ready to "have a child". I feel too young in the mission for this, but Heavenly Father is showing me that He trusts me. I will also be moving to a brand new area with my new companion and have to get the hang of everything with her. The area I am moving to is called Los Feliz (which means "The Happy"). It will be near the temple here in Vegas so that will be very exciting, but I am in the dark as to what is going to happen there. This week will be full of surprises for me and my new trainee. But I am looking so much forward to it. I don't know who she is yet, but I will find out on Monday and then I get to hope that I can be a good mom, so if any of you have trained before, advice would be very appreciated!

But that is about the most exciting thing from this week, there are some other pictures that will be on the blog. I know this is Heavenly Father's work and that no matter where we go, the message is the same and so is the Spirit. The gospel will continue to go forth!

I was feeling really nervous this morning about this responsibility and I was worried that I wouldn't know what I was doing and I was reading the scriptures and read this:  

"For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward. Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness; For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward."

This scripture brought me a lot of comfort, Heavenly Father isn't going to do it for me because he wants me to grow too and it will be so much better for me in the end. So if I am doing good things and doing my best to train this girl well, "much righteousness" will be brought to pass.
I love you all and will tell you all about "my daughter" next Monday.
I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you so much!

Have a great week!
Hermana Alayna Nelson

Driving with Sister Hutchinson  
I know this is blurry but his jacket says soldiers for Jesus and I just thought it was sweet.  How funny!   
The Sweet Lopez family that I was so sad to say bye to!

No comments:

Post a Comment