Monday, May 4, 2015

Temples and Cacti

Howdy Y'all

This week has been pretty cool! We got to go to the temple again for Sister Stark because she is a new missionary. It was a beautiful day.

We also tried out riding bikes this week (dorky bike pictures will also be on the blog).
And we had a very awesome zone conference where we painted our hands and committed to consecrate ourselves more fully to this work because our time is so short, it was very impacting and powerful.
I wanted to share my testimony today about being in the right place at the right time. I know that Heavenly Father is pleased with the work we are doing because he helps us to be where he needs us when we are being obedient. Two instances happened yesterday where I know his hands are in our work. We were pulled into a driveway and hadn't headed in yet because we needed to send a text and a car pulls over and a girl gets out and knocks on our window. She was about to go on a mission and really wanted to go out with sister missionaries and serve with them. She hadn't been able to find any but saw our bike rack and turned around. It was very inspired that we hadn't gone inside yet so that we could help her.
We also were supposed to be on a street to try a family and as I pulled onto the street I saw all these Hispanic women crowded around a baby and something told me turn around. I called out to them and asked if they needed help and they said yes. A two year old boy named Anthony had grabbed a cactus and it was stuck in his hand, we ran down the street and knocked on two doors, one of them was a member and he ran down with a first aid kit and then the parents of this member walked by and helped us too. We couldn't pry it out of his hand and so we called an ambulance. It broke my heart it see this boy in so much pain, but the mother was so grateful that we got help and asked what church we were from. We waited until he was safely in the ambulance and then the mother came and talked to us and said please give me your card, I want to bring my daughter to church and maybe you can come meet with me and a family I know that is in need. I was incredibly grateful for the opportunity to do just a little bit of service and see that Heavenly Father really needed us there.

I love this church! I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and that he is mindful of all of us!

Take care and have a good week,
Hermana Alayna Nelson

PS: Happy mother's day to all the wonderful moms and examples that have blessed my life! Talk to you next week!
PPS: Don't I look like snow white today, it was an accident, but then we needed to take a picture of this beautiful accident. Much Loves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment