Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Bundled up in Vegas!

(Written Monday, February 23, 2015)

Hello All,

The weeks just seem to go by faster and faster and here we are at the end of another transfer.  I will find out if I am switching areas or if I am receiving a new companion on Saturday and then we make the change on Tuesday so you'll all know on Monday I guess. I am pretty sure that I am staying and that my compie is leaving sadly, but she's needed elsewhere. She has taught me everything that I know.

We had a really nice week, we met the most humble and happy homeless man last night that just changed the way I look at the world, he has nothing and yet he is so grateful to God and was so excited to talk to us. He was really neat. His name was Bryan Crites.

We also ran into some kids playing outside while we were walking around a neighborhood this week and when they saw us this little boy who was probably 4 or 5 stood up and said (just like the kid from the Incredibles that says that was totally wicked) ARE YOU GUYS MISSIONARIES?! It was so cute! And we said yes and they said that is soooo cool! We are missionaries too! And we told them that they were exactly right and that we can all be missionaries. I love being a missionary and wearing my savior's name on my black badge, I take so much pride in standing for him in this area and sharing him with the world.

I love you all so much, these are simple and short stories this week but I am just so grateful for this mission and the simple moments I get to experience. This week we are going to have some insane miracles, I can feel it and I can't wait to tell you all about them next week!
I pray for you always and I love you all! Take care and have a fabulous week!
-Hermana Alayna Nelson
The photos: My current group of missionaries that I have been working with in this area, and more pictures from another hike we went on this week in the morning. Sorry there won't be more pictures on the blog this week... I just didn't take too many. whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment