Tuesday, March 3, 2015

When The Mission Gives You Lemons...

(Written Monday, March 2, 2015)

Make Lemon Bars!

Karen, one of our investigator's friends gave us like 20 lemons from her tree so my compie made yummy yummy lemon bars and I got to squeeze all the lemons! It was awesome!


Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing grand! It has been a great week of learning and hard moments but so many moments that were so worth it! I am so grateful that this is the Lord's work and not mine because He makes everything possible and we saw so many miracles this week because of Him!

NELLY CAME TO CHURCH! She is our sweet investigator that has a hard husband, he was out of town this week so she was able come and she got in front of everyone and shared her testimony that she knows God lives and that she is so happy for us sister missionaries. It was awesome and then everyone came up to talk to her afterwards and thought she was a member and she just kept saying this is my first time!

She is also sensitive to electricity because she has been sick for a long time, but she was able to stay all three hours and learn a bunch and afterwards, she said she felt healed. She was talking more normal and wasn't forgetting stuff and we know that Heavenly Father was answering our Fasts and our prayers and I am so grateful because she was so happy!

I also had kind of a hard moment this week, where I learned a ton about humility and about My Savior who suffered so much and withstood so much not because he had to, but because he wanted to because he loves us so much. I know he loves each one of you immensely! I read a scripture this morning in 2 Corinthians 12 :9-10 which paraphrased, talks about how when we acknowledge our weaknesses, it is actually better because Christ's enabling power can work through us to make those weaknesses strong. I know this to be true because I am not perfect, but I know that Christ can help me get there.
I love you! Have a great week!
Hermana Alayna Nelson
PS: Lots of pictures this week so head to the blog for more! Loves!
(See the 2nd Transfer Photos Page Link)

1 comment:

  1. hi sister Nelson!! You companion was part of my dad's branch here in the CCM, with president Suaste. So glad to read you good adventures. xoxo

    ReplyDelete