Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day and Here Comes the Sun!

Hello Friends and Family!

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Here it feels like the middle of the summer, but that's okay! I can endure!
This picture is of us this morning on a morning hike! I think this is probably the coolest picture I have taken on my mission thus far. I love it! Hello Sun :)

Everyone! This week was amazing! So many miracles are happening in my area here and I know that Heavenly Father is blessing us because he trusts us. We have an investigator with a baptismal date for March 7th, her name is Nadia and she is wonderful, she knows it's true because she has felt the spirit. I am so thankful for her! She has so much faith!


Another fun thing was that we did exchanges again with the leader sisters here and I learned so much and it totally vamped me and my companion up to continue to work so hard!

ALSO, I received this amazing talk in the mail, it's a letter from a returned missionary to the son of one of his close friends and it just talks about this amazing missionary who was crazy but so hard working and did amazing things and me and my companion have read it together and it has been amazing! We are so pumped.

We are starting week five and then Sister D. might get transferred because we will be done with my training. I really hope not, but it's a large possibility! I love her so much and we get along so well as you can tell by all our crazy pictures. (Happy Valentine's day from us crazy gals)

Another exciting thing was that the elders had a baptism this week with Miriam and that was the first baptism I have been to since I have been a missionary and the spirit was there and it was beautiful and I love this church, there is not a doubt in my mind that it is not true.

Sunday was AMAZING. Us four missionaries were asked to give talks and I was kind of nervous because my Spanish isn't that great, but Elder Smith talked about the Book of Mormon, then it was my turn and I talked about Members and how they can show their love for the savior and for their friends by sharing the blessings they are receiving from this gospel in simple ways and then my companion talked about family activity nights and inviting us to be there and how that would strengthen them as a family while doing wonderful church activities and then Elder Anderson spoke about the Atonement and we were all so in sync and the spirit was there so strongly! I know I am working with some of the strongest, most powerful missionaries in this mission. It was amazing. AND! A member came up to me afterwards and I expressed my concern that my Spanish hadn't been very good and (he's from Puerto Rico) he said to me that I sounded like I was born and raised in Puerto Rico and that I shouldn't worry. That made me feel really good. I am getting there, or at least trying to. I know this church is true and I know we had help with our Spanish while we spoke. I said things that I didn't have written down because the spirit helped us say what needed to be said.

I really do love this mission and everything that I am learning from my Father in Heaven Here. This week I would just invite you to show your love and gratitude to the Savior by sharing something simple in an everyday conversation with the people you associate with about your beliefs and I promise you so many blessings and miracles! I want to hear your stories so if you do this, shoot me an email! As always, have an amazing week!

I love you all
--Hermana Alayna Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment