Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Something is Cooking in Las Vegas

(Written Monday, February 9, 2015)

It could be my face, it might be the food, but it's probably both!

Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing so good!
This was a great week and the weather was perfect for our activity that my companion and I planned to have a BBQ with everyone from church and the people that we are teaching and with people who haven't been to church in a while so that we can help everyone make friends and do fun stuff. As you can see, it was a huge success and so much fun!

We played soccer on the big field and had delicious meat with yummy seasoning! There were like 50 kids there and we made Nephi's boat from the Book of Mormon that helped them cross to the promised land (the Americas) and the kids loved it!
We have so much fun with everyone and my face is a little pinker than normal, but I am starting my tanning off early I guess.
It is normal summer weather here right now, just a little on the cold side, but not too much!

I love my mission and I love all that I am learning everyone! As a funny before I share my spiritual thought, We helped clean out one of our old missionary apartments that they are no longer using anymore and we got a sweet Yoda cardboard cutout, there will be a picture on the blog! And it's cool cause he's holding the Book of Mormon.
We also acquired Woody, the doll from toy story and when the elders in our district needed medicine, we put all this stuff in the bag and woody too and left a note saying you got a friend in me aka us and then when they found the random woody in their bag, they texted us back saying thank you for going to infinity and beyond in your area. Sometimes the simple funny stuff makes life good.

I really do love my mission everyone. I am learning so much here and I love the people. I am working with a lot of people that are going through really heavy stuff and life trials that Satan is handing them and one thing I am learning really strongly this week is that we can learn not only spiritually, but logically if something is of God and Christ or of Satan. As we learn about things from God, things become clearer and make more sense, as we learn things that are of Satan, we get more confused with more doubt and life becomes more hard. I don't know about you, but I want things to make more sense, not get harder.
Surprising to us these days, when Christ lived, most people didn't believe he was sent from God, they believed He was possessed by a devil. How is this so when he did so many miracles? Christ promised those that wanted to know how they could learn for themselves in John 7:17: If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine whether it be of God or whether I speak of myself.
Christ encourages us to test things out to know for ourselves, and a prophet at the end of the Book of Mormon adds his testimony to Christ's saying if we want to know we must ask with a sincere heart, with real intent and faith in Christ if these things are true and by the power of the holy ghost, the truth of ALL THINGS will be made known to us. I too can add my testimony to this. I have received so much clarifying knowledge that makes this life easier to live and that is why I am serving a mission, to help others find this same peace that I feel every day. I love you all! I hope you follow the savior and ask to know what is true and where you need to go in life and I promise you will be directed in all things.
Have a great week!
Hermana Alayna Nelson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment