Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"Just Say No To Meetings"

(Written Monday, March 16, 2015) 

Howdy Folks,

Another week has come and gone and this goes so fast I don't even have time to take decent pictures! I hope everyone is doing well whatever part of the world you are currently in for Spring Break and that you are enjoying nice weather :) The title of this email comes from these sticky notes my last companion had that we put our grocery list on. Never in my life have I had so many meetings. This week was full of them and they were all great, we just didn't have much time else for anything! We met with the new district that we have, two sets of Elders and then me and my companion, we had interviews with our President and more training and then, we had some special meetings OUTSIDE of our mission that we had special permission to go to and they were on the other side of the strip so we drove right next to it. Missionaries are not allowed on the strip for obvious reasons and while we were driving in this unfamiliar area, the signs didn't make much sense and we ended up taking the wrong way and exited to get off right at the strip, it was a nightmare, but the cool thing was is that when we are in a bad situation, we can feel the spirit leaving us which helps us know good from bad and right from wrong, thankfully we were protected and got back on the road and didn't make that mistake on day two but it was just scary for about 15 minutes!

Thanks to all of your prayers for me- I am feeling much better and I am so grateful, and because of that, we were able to help move our sweet investigator Gaby into her new house! I can't wait to send you pictures of her! She is so genuine and has a sincere desire to learn! Sadly, I don't have any this week, but you can enjoy these pictures of the strip (sin) and of me and my companion sister Hutchinson, we really need to take a better one, but for now here ya go! A couple more pictures will be on the blog too!

The one thing that I have learned really beautifully this week is that we can't BE perfect in this life because we have imperfect bodies which die and get sick and age, we have minds that are imperfect and can't grasp everything there is to learn and understand, but we can strive to LIVE perfectly like our Savior. All he has asked us to do is walk with him and make the best choices in these imperfect environments and that is what helps us to be perfect. This was so helpful to me because I am a perfectionist and now this goal seems more attainable. I love you all so much! Please have a good week and think of ways that you can better walk with Christ this week so that you can live more perfectly!
Much Love,
Hermana Alayna Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment