Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Mission Accomplished

(Written Monday, May 2, 2016)

My dear family and friends,

It is strange to be writing my last email today, that's probably why I waited until way late to email today, trying to avoid the fact that this beautiful life and ministry dedicated to Christ is coming to a close. The Lord has blessed me to see so many tender mercies and miracles this week of pure spiritual experiences and I feel so privileged to be a part of this work.

We saw Tiara and Lannard's continue to draw closer to Christ as we've studied with them, their hearts have softened and they are beginning to feel the peace that comes from increasing our relationship with Christ. Tammy, a new investigator had read the whole restoration pamphlet by the time we had our next lesson and we were able to answer her questions and teach to her needs. She has such a strong desire to seek God and Christ out and is excited to read the Book of Mormon and come to church with her husband.

This past Friday, I got to meet and shake hands with an apostle of the Lord, who also happens to be my favorite one, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland who shared with us how to meet the people we are teaching where they are at and help them raise their vision and realize that they can have and deserve so much more through Christ. It was very spiritual, as we sang in a room full of 400 missionaries, the spirit was so strong. As we stood for Elder Holland to leave, he waved with tears in his eyes and said "I love you" it was a great close to a wonderful mission.

We also got to take Keyana to stake conference where she got to meet Elder Frost from the Seventy. So many precious moments were shared as she offered to share her snacks with the other kids and said "I love sharing, it makes me feel good" she cuddled with me and at the end wanted to hug Elder and Sister Frost and asked me to go up there with her. I had a distinct feeling that we needed to take her to the temple before we took her home and we had one of the best temple tours of my mission with her and I know she felt something special there, as we pulled up she just kept gasping and awing at the beauty that was there and when we invited her pick a spot and touch the temple to make a promise with herself that she would enter in one day, she said she felt so much peace and was so happy and almost crying. It will be a memory that we both hold on to for a long time!


In the past 18 months, I've been to Mexico and back, served in five areas, had 10 companions, found many of God's elect people, had incredible spiritual experiences that have changed me permanently, I've seen the pain and hurt of a world without the Savior and I've seen those who have followed Christ who changes everything and helps us live in the world but not of the world. And I have to come home and give a talk for like 18-20 minutes, one minute to describe every month, it's just not possible to describe the love, light joy and peace that I've felt in the past year and a half.

I once had someone share Mosiah 18:30 with me from the Book of Mormon, but they changed the wording: "And now it came to pass that all this was done in NEVADA, yea, by the waters of LAKE MEAD in the forest that was near the waters of LAKE MEAD; yea, the place of LAS VEGAS, the waters of LAS VEGAS, the forest of LAS VEGAS, how beautiful are they to the eyes of them who there came to the knowledge of their Redeemer."  Every area that I have served in, I've come to know my Savior more and better. I'm grateful for the walk I've had with Christ. He's held my hand and I appreciate my Savior so much more now. Las Vegas will never be the same for me, what once was sin city is now sacred city, this place is holy ground now and I can truly say mission accomplished!

See you all very soon,
Love you lots!
Sister Nelson

Once a sister always a sister, time to apply everything I know now!

Ps: Pictures are from:  Our sisters lunch,

My final mission photo,

and The boulder city kids were reunited again at the mission conference

No comments:

Post a Comment